Tuesday 30 July 2013

More Than I Can Chew.......

I think I may have done the proverbial, and bitten off  FAR more than I can chew. I normally reserve this talent for chocolate......but for reasons unbeknown to me, I thought I could branch out into my quilting life.
You may remember me blogging in the past, about my first sewing love of English Paper Piecing (EPP). You may also remember my weakness for on-line quilt alongs. Feeding this weakness, I recently joined with fairyfacedesigns.blogspot.com when she launched Swoon 2013, using Camille Rosekelley's Swoon pattern.
 Now....I didn't really have time to get involved with anything else, as I'm already working on a couple of secret projects. And I CERTAINLY didn't have time to get involved with my next bright idea. The original blocks are machine pieced, and measure 24" when complete. So, in a moment of deranged thought, and inspired by fabadashery.blogspot.com , I wondered what the Swoon Block would look like, scaled down, using EPP.
Nine hours of work later, it looks like this.....


Obviously, the red tacking stitches have yet to be removed, which will happen at some point in the future. The idea, for others in the Quilt-Along, is to make a whole quilt. Looking at the Flickr group, many have already completed their task. Using my block, which measures only 6.25" square, with pieces less than 3 quarters of an inch across, I estimate that I should have a quilt top finished by the Christmas of 2039.......Watch this space!!
Thanks for popping by. See you soon. xx

1 comment: