Friday 28 February 2014

Play Time!

My friend owns a lovely fabric shop locally (Timeless Fabrics in Milford On Sea, Hampshire) and she has just received a new order of some truly wonderful 100% organic cotton from Birch Fabrics (www.birchfabrics.com).
I was in the shop yesterday, when Claire asked me if I'd mind making a sample quilt, using the fabric, for the store. WOULD I MIND????????
Just look at what she gave me to play with......


Aren't they pretty? The idea is to use the "cheat panel" in the centre, with the floral as a border, so without further ado........


I was going to hand quilt it, but as it's supposed to show Mrs. General Public (or indeed "Mr") how easy it is just to buy a length of fabric, and whip up a quick quilt over a weekend, hand quilting is probably a big no-no. Hmmmmm........think this calls for some straight line quilting....watch this space....
In other news, I made another Bento Box mat....


I really enjoy this nifty little block. I adapted it a little from Tikki Patchwork's original pattern, to use needleturn applique for the accent squares, as I love the method and think it gives a neater finish. But that's about it from my little corner of the world....it's been a little quiet in these here parts.
Thanks for popping by. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment