Sunday 11 May 2014

Inching Along......

I've had such a lovely Sunday. It started EARLY with a dog walk on the forest, with Belle The Madam, and a friend with her dogs. I say "The Madam" because usually, Belle is quite the floozy...."I'm here boys" (wiggle wiggle) "come and get me" (bowing and scraping) "have another sniff" (bottom presented)...you get the picture. So when a new friend asked if I'd like to join her, I happily accepted, confident that Belle would gamble playfully along, wiggling and flirting to her heart's content. Out of the car we got, two happy boys (of the four legged variety) bounded over to greet us, only to be met by a newly prim madam, who saw off the boys' advances, in no uncertain terms. "Here I am boys" had been converted to "how very dare you!!!" in the blink of an eye. Fortunately, nobody seemed to take much umbrage, and the walk was quite delightful. (Thank you Alison!)
Back home for a quick cuppa, before facing The Supermarket Trolley Dash. Never a highlight in my week, but it passed painlessly enough, and at least Mother Hubbard now has nourishment in her cupboards. The Offspring seemed suitably impressed, that they won't need to start any enforced hunger strikes this week at least . Bonus!
And then I got to spend a relaxing couple of hours, slowly (but very surely) inching along with my ongoing project.......


I seem to get about a dozen squares in the hoop, at any one time. Each of these hoops takes on average an hour (or so) to quilt, so I'm VERY lucky that The Recipient is allowing me my indulgence of quilting by hand. (Thank you Clare.)


The day finished with a cup of tea and a slice of cake, in true Aunt Sally style, celebrating another friend's upcoming birthday, before heading off into the woods, with the now Returned To Floozy Mode Belle. Typical.
Well, I'd better go now, so that I may inch along a little further. Thanks for popping by. xx

1 comment:

  1. Your 'madam' is reserving her right to change her mind I see!! Beautiful hand quilting K! Keep going! Jxo

    ReplyDelete