Tuesday 9 July 2013

A Bit Browned Off.......

Amidst the heat, and Wimbledon excitement, work and report writing, I'd been making good progress on my picnic rug.....


As you can see, I'd decided on a simple cross-hatch quilting, using my walking foot. Things went swimmingly.
I found time to start a friend's birthday present, tweaking this pattern.....


...from this fabulous book......


I'm quite happy with the result so far.......



I should apologise for the lack of ironing, but I'd ask you to remember the title of this post, and to understand I've got a mild sulk brewing.
I've even made a fair amount of progress on my most recent EPP project........


....We even enjoyed our first "proper" BBQ with friends......


And then this evening, I sat back down with Picnic Rug, Machine and Walking Foot, happy to spend a couple of hours with these good friends, quilting back across the Rug. How wrong could a girl be?? They'd mounted a mutiny against me! I'm not sure if the photos will show enough detail, but the fabric has been pushed across the original sewing line. Look......


I didn't think this happened with a walking foot?? It hasn't before. I know the photos don't look too bad (maybe my camera is in cahoots with The Dreadful Trio??), but let me tell you, it's horrible in real life. I'm going to have to unpick. And I HATE unpicking.
I'm leaving you now to let the full blown sulk have free reign.......xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor you! I don't have a walking foot as my machine is a little thing and I don't want to embarrass it! On the upside though, the BBQ with friends sounds lovely :)

    ReplyDelete