Tuesday 16 July 2013

A Wonky Foot......

I've finished another birthday present. Hooray! However, "fun" it was not. It looks okay.....


.....if you ignore the fact that it's grown feet. But I literally FOUGHT my way round the quilting. I was using my walking foot again, and I think it might be wonky. I'm relatively new to walking feet (other than the ones I was born with) so don't really know how to fix things. It has always been a bit clunky, but now it doesn't seem to push down on the fabric properly. When I hold it in my hand and try and move the lever manually, the middle bit of the foot is catching on the outer part. And that is the full extent of my technical expertise. Bother.
This time it hasn't rucked the fabric, at least, so that is a small blessing......


It was a battle, though. Still, I hope my friend enjoys her new small picnic rug....she certainly has the weather for it!
Thank you for popping by. I'm going to go and work on my EPP.....with not a wonky foot in sight. (Present bunions accepted.) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment