Sunday 13 October 2013

Grey October Day.....

So once the football was over, lunch served and eaten and The Son bullied into finishing his homework, there was only one thing for it....English Paper Piecing.

I'm making progress on my Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt, and really enjoying it. This is the latest addition.......


Then I worked on a mug mat, for a beginners EPP class next Saturday. I needed to find a simple pattern, but had no particular wish to do anything too traditional, so adapted a Nine Patch. What do you think?


The trickiest bit is to remember to time myself, as obviously the pupils will want to take a finished article home with them at the end of the class, and not just a few scraps of material sewn together. This 7" block has taken me an hour and ten minutes from cutting out the paper templates to finishing the last stitches. Now I've got to sandwich, baste, quilt and bind. I've got another 5 hours available to me, but an hour of that is allocated for lunch. I'll see how I get on. The idea is that the class is completely hand sewn, but I may cheat a little and take my sewing machine along for company....and to attach the binding. A lot will depend on time. Watch this space, and I'll try and remember to show you the finished mat.
And if you're having a bit of a dreary day, look at these.......


...aren't they just lovely? I got them from here.....


I'm positively ITCHING to make something with them....I'm thinking of a Giant Star that I've seen over at judith-justjude.blogspot.com but need to find some solids to go with them. In the meantime, I shall content myself with patting!
But the best news of the day, is that this little lady.......


....REALLY doesn't like walks in the rain! Which means even more excuses to stay snuggled in the warm and dry, stitching happily away......
Thanks for dropping by. See you soon. xx

1 comment:

  1. Always add on extra time for teaching the steps to others. It will always take longer than it takes you to do! Best of luck! Jxo

    ReplyDelete