Sunday 6 October 2013

Just In The Nick Of Time........

I've been so busy, doing nothing much in particular, but lots of little things strung together....you know how it is.....Added to that The Son being off school for 10 days with shingles (bad mother that I am, thought it was just some mosquito bites to start with, and told him to "man up, Princess"!....Hmmm! Not winning Mother Of The Year Award this year, then.....) Also add to the mix severe sleep deprivation, on account of new "puppy" with separation issues, and hopefully you'll understand my lack of blogs recently.....
Anyway...onto what I HAVE been doing. Friends got married yesterday....


......it was a lovely day....a true celebration of love, laughter, families and friendships, and for it another friend, Emma, and I decided on a quilt/picnic rug/throw as a gift. I set to work, but in typical Kirstie style, left it a bit close to the wire.
I hadn't factored in being ssssoooo tired that I couldn't see straight enough to stitch. Traditionally, I stitch late in the evening until the early hours, but Belle has scuppered that routine for a while. I actually managed to sew down the binding about 3/4's of an hour before we were due to leave for the church.
Then came the worry of whether to take the time to wash it or not....but I really love a crinkled quilt, and also live in horror of it running on it's first wash, so it was bundled into my machine on a quick wash with the colour catcher. "Quick wash" my foot! NEVER in the history of man has 1/2 an hour taken sssssoooooo flippin long! And then it needed tumble drying. Even by my standards it was touch and go. I was pulling it from the dryer as The Husband was reversing off the drive!
As the song sort of goes "we got to the church on time", with just enough time to show Emma the finished gift, before popping it in the gift bag.......and B-R-E-A-T-H-E....
So here is the finished article.....

 
 
With feet, apparently!
 
 
 I love this material from Ikea that I used for the back- a real outdoors-y picnic feel to it.
And just because I can, here's a photo of The Sleep Depriver, Belle. It would appear that she is a sun worshipper.....though how she can be comfortable on the bottom stair like that, beats me. Perhaps if she slept a bit more AT NIGHT.......


Thanks for popping by. See you soon. xx

2 comments:

  1. It made me cry when I opened the bag though!

    Thank you sooo much for a lovely lovely gift and for all your hard work yesterday in the words of my friend Sam Handscombe

    "that woman deserves a medal, she's amazing" XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter had shingles in the summer! Ouch! I hope they are well on their way out! Pretty wedding quilt! Having a new dog is just like having a baby all over again! It WILL get better! Jxo

    ReplyDelete