Sunday 8 December 2013

A Race Against Time.....

.....and I'm edging ahead! I'm not saying I'll win the race yet, but at least I'm now in with a fighting chance!!
A lot of busy-ness (and some VERY late nights!) and I have an order finished before the deadline....


The remit was "squares and she likes blue".....I think (and hope like billy-o!) that this fits the bill. The photo was taken in a bit of a rush this morning, as we were late for a football match (Heaven forbid!) so it is more blurred than usual.
I also managed to get a birthday present finished. It's only a lap quilt, but I have it on good authority that the recipient likes this fabric. I have no idea what it's called, as I've had it in my stash for a while. Maybe it didn't have a name....Norma-No-Name fabric.


When I say "finished", I obviously still have to hand sew the binding down, but as yesterday morning it was still in fabric squares, I don't think I've done too badly.


Thought I'd give you a close up of the fabric and quilting detail. Just because.
I have been doing other sewing too, but am unable to show you just yet, as it's for other's gifts and they could just be lurking in the shadows, taking a sneaky peak. I'm lucky enough to have six birthdays to buy (make?) for in December, so what with those AND Christmas gifts, you can imagine just how nimble my fingers are having to be. (That sounds quite virtuous...but they're the only part of me being nimble! The rest of me is still doing reasonable sloth impressions.)
Also today, I had a huge tidy through, sorting out fabric, putting it away in my drawers and cupboards, hoovering and dusting....catching up on all the chores that had been put aside so that I could sew. While I was on a roll, I decided to decorate for Christmas. This is a grand way of saying that I've put fairy lights and candles on most, if not all, available surfaces. I couldn't say "I've put the Christmas decorations up", as this year I simply couldn't face the whole unwrapping ornaments, clearing stuff away to make room for said unwrapped ornaments....only to reverse the whole process in a couple of weeks time. I'm sorry to sound like a huge Bah Humbug...it's very unlike me. Normally, as soon as I see that sparkly, red Coca Cola lorry wending it's way across my TV screen (Holidays are coming...Holidays are coming...) sometime in the middle of September, I'm there...all geared up and raring to go. Sadly, not this year. Still, the house is all of a twinkle and a glow, and looks reasonably festive, so it's better than a slap in the face with a wet fish, and maybe (just maybe?) I'll be bitten by the bug just in the nick of time, and I'll jump to my usual Santa's Grotto-ish-ness!
So until then, I'll bid you farewell and get on with finishing that binding. Thanks for popping by. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment