Friday 2 August 2013

A Lovely Billy Bargain.......

Today, I had a day to do as I pleased with. Daughters 1 and 2 were at work, and The Son was dispatched with Grandma, to visit a stately home. Which left only The Partner, and he's been playing nicely recently, since his surprise proposal, and organising our wedding for less than a months time. Bless him....I think he's in shock!
Anyway, I took this alignment of the stars as an opportunity to get some fabric shopping done (I've got 60 metres of bunting to make for a client's Golden Wedding Anniversary party), and then to visit www.mollys-den.co.uk . I've wanted to visit for a while, but with my feet firmly planted in reality, I knew that A) I needed to pick my moment, and B) I needed to be Energetic Boy Child free.
It was BRILLIANT! There are two warehouses, filled to the brim with vintage paraphernalia...You name it, they probably have it. Had I won the lottery recently, I could have spent a small fortune. As it was, I came home with a Billy Bargain.
For the princely sum of £2, just look at what I bought.....


It shows a selection of the quilts held at the V & A Museum, gives a synopsis of each quilt's history, and then explains how to make them yourself, with the templates clearly printed.



The work involved is amazing, the patterns intricate, the pieces tiny....and most were made in the 19th century. It makes me feel very small....just a tiny link in the wide world of patchwork.
There was one design that caught my eye, as being strangely familiar.......


If you pop over to a blog that I follow, quiltsalott.blogspot.com , you'll see what I mean.....
Catch up with you soon. Enjoy the sunshine. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment