Thursday 27 September 2012

Cake... I think...

Tomorrow, at work, we're joining the MacMillan Coffee Morning. Most of the staff have been touched, in some way, by cancer, and it's a good time (new school year), to have a social get-together for the new parents, so I felt it was one of those serendipitous moments.
Unfortunately, I had one of my not-so-good moments at the same time, and got a bit carried away. In all the enthusiasm of organising the party, Big Mouth here, opened said big mouth, and declared that the staff would each bake a cake. Terrific. I don't bake.
Actually, that's not strictly true. I have, every now and again, convinced myself that I am very closely related to Nigella....or Delia....possibly both. Out come all the ingredients (when I say "out come", I mean "off I trot to the supermarket", as I never have even so much as the basic ingredients in my cupboard!) and I attempt the next Great Bake Off.
Now, if I were to bake a selection of, say, rock cakes, cookies, a victoria sponge and a cheese cake, blindfold you, and then ask you to take a bite of each, in order to identify them.....you'd be VERY hard put to tell one from another. I kid you not.
However, I DO have an ace up my sleeve. My Chocolate Fridge Cake. Brilliant. No baking required. Only bashing and melting, and I'm a dab hand at both.
Ta-Da.....
Admittedly, it doesn't look too clever at the moment, but trust me, all sliced up tomorrow, on a pretty plate, and it'll disappear like hot cakes.....just not MY hot cakes!
See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment