Wednesday 26 September 2012

Still Sorting Out The Geese....

Last night I started to quilt the Flying Geese quilt, and decided to use a vintage blanket that I'd managed to buy, a short time ago, as the wadding. I wasn't sure how this would get on with my trusted sewing machine, as it is quite heavy, but I needn't have worried, as The Machine coped beautifully.
And I have to say, I'm LOVING the blanket! It's stitching along very smoothly, and it's given the quilt a really fabulous heavy feel. The shame is, that good quality, vintage wool blankets are quite hard to come by, and when you do get your hands on one, you need to take out a second mortgage! I shall just have to be very precious about the remaining blanket piece....
I'd like to be able to say that I'll get it finished tonight, so that I can show you photos tomorrow....however...that pesky, blinking, flipping, FLIPPING, stupid (un)downloadable STUPID programme, that I was locking horns with yesterday, needs me to go back again today, and fight some more. Oh good.
So watch this space.... You'll either get photos of a smashed to death computer, or a finished quilt, in the not too distant future.....xx

No comments:

Post a Comment