Wednesday 26 June 2013

Just Charming.........

You'll probably remember that I took part in a Charm Swap, recently, organised by the lovely Cindy over at fluffysheepquilting.blogspot.com . The fabulous Charm bundle arrived, and I was full of enthusiasm and ideas, as to what I was going to do with them....and then the timetable that is my life rolled in, and those lovely charms just sat there....irritating me by just BEING! I mean, is it REALLY all that important that I go to work, when all I REALLY need to do is set to with my sewing machine????
I decided to re-read the small print on the contract that they hand you, when you leave the maternity ward with your beautiful baby. It would appear that you ARE obliged to provide shelter and nourishment for your offspring, until such an age that they might leave home and start providing for themselves. Now while I could feasibly argue that at 22 years and ( just shy of) 20 years respectively, Daughters Nos. 1 and 2 don't actually NEED to be supported by Hotel Mum, I think I may be on a sticky wicket with The Son. At just 9 years old, I don't think it's actually legal to send him out into the world, in order to earn his crust.
So, as I'm not Independently Wealthy, it would seem that going to work is, in fact, the only option, if I'm to uphold my end of the bargain. Grumpily, the sewing of charms had to be put on hold.....
Until today!

Ta-Daa.......


Now. I realise that in the great scheme of things, this doesn't really amount to much. But if you'd had the window of opportunity, that I'd had, you'd be pretty impressed too!!!!
More to follow.....watch this space......xx

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it sad when the fun stuff gets pushed to the side. Now if you were a Victorian you could have sent that boy out to the mills! Jxo

    ReplyDelete