Sunday 2 June 2013

Sunshine and a Busy Bee.....

That's what today brought, and that's what I've been.
A lovely sunny morning saw us heading off to the park (we locals tend to avoid the beaches on a Sunny Sunday in the holidays.....unless of course we fancy a game of Sardines!) to meet with friends. Don't you find children are so much nicer when there is a large outside space, friends and a ball involved? Maybe it's just me.... 22 years of parenting making me a little less enthralled, when asked to "just watch this" for the gazillionth time.......so sue me.......
Anyway...back to the park. Sunshine, friends, fresh air and freshly brewed Earl Grey (I travel with small camping stove, kettle and supplies. Always.) and no real time constraints. I ask you, does it get any better? It really was a lovely, lovely morning.
Home for lunch, and then I was abandoned by The Partner and The Son, who obviously hadn't had enough of football this morning, and so needed to go off and try just a few more tricks and skills. Daughters 1 and 2 were already off, living their own days elsewhere, which left me. Alone. With George The Bassett Hound. And my sewing machine.
George was dragged briskly round the block (any of you who have ever had any dealings with Bassetts, will know just how ridiculous an adjective "briskly" is, when used in conjunction with them. And any of you who know me, will know how ridiculous "briskly" is. Full Stop.), before I got down to some serious block business.
Firstly, there were these....



......for Judith over at judith-justjude.blogspot.com for her Bee Blessed quilts. These blocks will be made up with other blocks, into a quilt, and given to a child or young person, who is having to endure a stay in hospital. I think it's a truly lovely idea, and am glad to be able to give a little "pay it forward" time every now and again.
In the same "pay it forward" vein, I then went on to make these .....


...(and made my ironing board stand up on end, into the bargain!!) These are for Sarah over at sewmeblog.blogspot.com . Sarah came up with the idea of organising a Siblings Together Quilt Block Drive, whereby quilters could pledge a block or two, which would then be made up into quilts for Siblings Together. You can find out more about this wonderful organisation here siblingstogether.co.uk . Go take a peek...it's well worth a moment of your time.
And now this busy little bee is in need of some more Earl Grey, so I'll love you and leave you, and buzz off. See you soon x

2 comments:

  1. You're on fire girl! Love these fab blocks! Sarah will be stoked too! Thank you! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks! Yeah I have heard the 'I just scored the best goal ever' every single day. But that wasn't enough, I have to listen to it replayed in verbal slow motion every time. The eyes glaze and auto pilot kicks in :)

    ReplyDelete