Sunday 16 June 2013

The Wait Is Over!!

It's here!!!!! I've been waiting, not so very patiently, for my Rainbow Charm Swap bundle to arrive. AND IT HAS..........


Just LOOK at it. Such glorious fabric that 56 of us sent to Cindy over at fluffysheepquilting.blogspot.com . That fabulous lady then sorted out charms that had already been cut, and cut a considerable amount herself, before making up 56 identical bundles, and trundling off to the Post Office, to send the parcels back to us all. Thank you, Cindy, for being the brains (and the brawn) behind this, and thank you to all the other Charm Contributors, for your fabulous taste in fabric.
Now.....what to do with this jewel-toned pack? I had originally thought that I'd work on a lap quilt using tumblers. Then I saw "Baby Bliss" over at www.cluckclucksew.com , and thought that THAT would be something I'd like better. It would also use ALL of the fabric, with NO wastage, which is also something I'm keen to do.
But then whilst waiting for Mr. Postman, I started an EPP project, based on something from here.....


......and I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed "going back to my roots". (I'll have that song in my head all day now. Terrific.) The other night I did some babysitting, and watched "How To Make An American Quilt", while I stitched happily away. And I got all these done.....


I have to say, that the main benefit of babysitting in someone else's house, is that I get 100% control over what is watched on the TV.......and it makes SUCH a change from a gazillion episodes of Stargate!!!!!
But I digress....Because I'm enjoying the EPP so much. I might have to do something hexagonal with my charms. Now THERE'S a sentence.....
Thanks for popping by. I'm off to drool over some squares. xx

1 comment:

  1. Aren't the rainbow charms just lovely! Great EPP too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete