Wednesday 3 October 2012

A Night Out....

I was absent from my post last night, and for this I apologise, but I was Taken Out! For those of you who don't know ThePartner, I'd best explain a little.
The Partner and I go out quite a bit, mainly together, sometimes with family and occasionally individually. But on all of these outings we tend to go Dutch. A few times, on special dates (my birthday, Valentines Day etc) we go out, and I don't pay a penny, and am treated. Just not by The Partner. Oh no.... The Partner takes great pride in being able to pay for our meals....with vouchers. One year, my birthday treat was thanks to Burger King......I kid you not.
Now don't get me wrong-I'm happy with these arrangements. My needs are simple. I love going out, having good company(The Partner is always good company), edible food, and no washing up. But, I can't deny that I do LOVE it, when he sees fit to treat me to something a bit special.
And last night was just such a treat, and I was Taken Out, to see "42nd Street" at our local theatre.( And for those of you who don't know me, in a previous life, before children and age thwarted me, I was a professional dancer.) I was thrilled! I love the whole theatre experience. The auditorium filling,the orchestra tuning up, the "no photography" announcement, the lights dimming....It stirs some lovely memories from deep, lost places in my mind.
Needless to say, I hummed (VERY quietly) along with the music, and tapped away to the choreography. It was a good production, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Partner sort of enjoyed it, but said I should have told him that it's all tap dancing.....Hmmm....Education not quite finished yet....After all, he didn't need to tell me, when he took me to my first opera, that it would all be singing.....

Thanks for popping by. See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment