Wednesday 24 October 2012

Problems Afoot....

There are, quite literally, problems afoot. Or should that be "a foot"??
Let me explain.....The Partner and I share a car. When I say "share", what I really mean, is that we both feed and care for it, but HE gets to drive it. But that's another story for another day......
Because of said "sharing", The Partner will often drive me to work, and once there, help me to set up for the day. But the day before yesterday, disaster happened. As he pulled a noticeboard from a cupboard, he managed to dislodge the large A-frame board, which flew out of the cupboard, triple somersaulted, before landing squarely on The Partner's Toe. Ouch!! (I have had to paraphrase just there.....suffice to say that the air went SEVERAL shades of unpleasant.)
Well, The Partner limped (not so) valiently through the remainder of the day, with much huffing, puffing and general groaning punctuating his hobbling, before deciding that the dawn would bring The X-Ray Department.
Morning duly arrived, I was dropped at work -no offer of help, when there's the possibility of proof that every bone known to man, in the general foot region, has been crushed to within an inch of it's life-and off raced The Partner to our local A&E.
A while later, the verdict was in.....With a prevailing wind, and a jolly good squint, there was a small glimmer of a chance (hope??) that there might, indeed, be a teensy crack.....and evidence of.....(please whisper now...The Partner is in denial...) arthritis. Poor old soul...
I, on the other hand, am in excellent (arthritis-free) health, and took the opportunity of a rare afternoon off to make up a couple more stars......


Almost there, I think....


........See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment