Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas Day Quiet.....

I hope you had a lovely Christmas, surrounded by family, friends and good times. Christmas Day, in our house, was first kicked off at 6am by The Rather Excited Son. I managed to bustle him back to bed til 6.45am, and then successfully squeezed a further 10 minutes from him. But by now we're talking Caged Tiger Status, so stockings were unleashed....of the Christmas variety, I hasten to add!
The day progressed pretty much in the same way that Christmas Day does in our house, every year.....lots of lovely pressies (we were ALL spoilt rotten) and enough food consumed to keep a large army marching on it's proverbial stomach for the next two and a half decades!
The only deviation from our traditional day, was that we wussed out from our Morning Beach Walk.....heavy rain and supreme laziness won that particular round. But all was not lost, the afternoon brightened, and we ventured forth, armed with a bag of bread, to share our Christmas Cheer with the local Quacking Community, down on The Quay.
The High Street Was SSSOOOO quiet! Such a change from it's usual hustle and bustle, that I decided to take a photo. The first attempt was thwarted, as a car came along and I had to move out of the way, pronto....


.....but the second attempt was much better.....



Well, I'm going to love you and leave you now. In the immortal words of Winnie The Pooh, it's time for a little smackerel. Now, I know that he meant something honey based, but I'm sure he'd allow me a little poetic license as I hunt down some more chocolate.....
See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment