Friday 12 April 2013

Confused Dot Com

A while ago I signed up for a Charm Swap, that was being organised by Cindy at fluffysheepquilting.blogspot.com. Now, before you Non-Quilters get the wrong end of the stick, Cindy is not making judgement calls on our personalities....Obviously not - we quilters are already as charming as charming things can be. No. A Charm is a 5" square piece of fabric. A Charm Pack is a group of 5" squares of fabric. And a Charm Swap is where a group of people swap their charm squares around. Clear now?
Well, the lovely Cindy decided to open up a charm swap, and sorted 56 of us into colour groups. I was allocated purple. The idea then, was to find some modern fabric in your colourway, and post a photo of it onto the Flickr group. The others in the group would then vote on it, and then you could either order your fabric....or keep searching.
After a couple of false starts, I came up with this........


It was approved of, ordered and duly arrived. And there it sat, for nearly the whole of the Easter Holidays, waiting for me to cut it into 112, 5" squares.....
This is where the "Confused Dot Com" comes into play. The Partner. The whole concept is COMPLETELY beyond him. Why would you buy fabric, cut it into all those squares, send it off to Ireland, where some poor soul gets to sort through everyone else's fabric, divide it all out, only to send it all back to us?????? I have tried to explain the fun of it. I have tried to explain that it links the quilting community. I have tried to explain the excitement of receiving a rainbow of a Charm Pack back in the mail. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. All I'm getting from The Partner is, at best, a confused frown, at worst, a glazed over expression......Welcome to my Football World, boy-o!!
Anyway. I digress. Today was The Day. Out came my cutting board, rotary cutter, ruler, courage and concentration......And I nailed it!
Ta-Daa!......


.....112 squares ready for their trip to The Emerald Isle. Hooray!
If you get the chance, pop over and visit Cindy's blog...it's SSSSOOO worth a visit, if for no other reason than to oooo and aaaaah over her new Golden Retriever puppy!
See you soon. xx

2 comments:

  1. Well done you! I haven't attempted to cut yet, although I doubt you guys would appreciate charms that were cut from bed! Slightly wonky methinks :)

    ReplyDelete