Tuesday 2 April 2013

Pie In The Sky Dreamy Day.......

I've been shop hunting! It's been a long held dream of mine, to open a sewing cafe type of shop. Even before they started popping up in other places, it was an idea I felt could work.
You have to remember that I've crafted my whole life....spent donkeys years being considered unfashionable or granny-like, until the fabulous Kirstie Allsopp made me (and all those countless like me) trendy, with her programmes telling the nation what my dear Nan and Gran had never doubted.....homemade is really something special!
Suddenly, celebrities were learning to knit....and talking about it as though someone had discovered something new! Talk about re-inventing the wheel! Tie this in with the nationwide (if not global) financial depression, and (start singing girls)...sisters are doing it for themselves.
So....with The Son safely delivered to Football School, The Partner allowed himself to be dragged along our local High Street, visiting a few possible outlets for My Dream. It should be made clear, in the interest of complete honesty, that The Partner doesn't really GET this idea of mine. He deals better with pounds, shillings and pence....and less well with the idea of selling experience, in the form of workshops.......
And, long story short, I've found somewhere that could work. Properly, PROPERLY work.....


....and it's left me itchy-scratchy-grumpy. Because I want it NOW. Actually, I want it YESTERDAY, but even I can be practical. And therein lies the problem. As much as I adore The Partner, Speed In Decision Making is NOT his forte. (Did I tell you about the time I was left waiting at a supermarket checkout, for three-quarters of an hour, while he tried to decide between two near identical breakfast cereals? The checkout lady probably still gives after-dinner speeches about it!!)
Obviously, the longer we wait, the bigger the risk that someone else will whizz in and grab my dream. And I'm warning you all now, if that happens, The Sulk will be MONUMENTAL....
Ok. I need to go and dream some more.....decide where the sewing tables will go.....work out how much shelf space I'll need......would a couple of really comfy, squidgy sofas fit in that corner....
See you soon. xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh my how exciting!!!! Fingers crossed and I hope that you guys make a decision before the decision is taken out of your hands. Please blog about every detail as I will be patiently waiting to hear of news and will be with you in spirit x

    ReplyDelete