Sunday 28 April 2013

What A Numpty........

That'd be me, then. Remember I showed you a glimpse of this......


........? Well, I worked on it manically, up to and including the 11th hour, and managed to finish it JUST in time for my sister's birthday. You're going to have to take my word on it, that it's a table runner....as I completely forgot to take a photo of the finished article. And it's now residing near Hungerford. Like I said "What a numpty".
I've also been working on these.....



I follow a lovely American blog, www.happierthanabirdquilts.com , and a short while ago, a beautiful quilt was featured called "The Queen's Floor", and Lindsey said that she'd love for someone to test the pattern, so she'd send the PDF pattern to the first three people who left a comment on her post.....And for once I was in the right place, at the right time! Hooray! Her pattern is lovely and clear, and very easy to follow-perfect for all quilters, old and new alike. The pattern is available from her Etsy shop, so I'd highly recommend you pop along and take a look.
Other than that, the only news I have is football related, including a long trip north to watch the MIGHTY AFC Bournemouth play their last game of the season, against Tranmere Rovers. We booked the tickets, initially thinking it could be the game which clinched our move up to the Championship, but because The Cherries are indeed fabulous, we'd already achieved promotion. However, The Son was delighted with a special "Happy 9th Birthday" treat, and the atmosphere was electric, so a good time was had by all.
And now I have to love you and leave you, and go and prepare for my Under 9 team's last game of the season.....Team sheets to fill in....subs bench to organise.....water bottles to fill......
See you soon. xx

1 comment: