Monday 22 April 2013

Really???????

I'm so sorry that I've not been around for a while. I've just been busy, busy, busy. And not particularly with anything interesting.....just life doing what life does best.
Obviously, as with most days with me, football has featured heavily. (It's actually the reason for me blogging today...I need to vent....but more on that in a moment...) My local team that I manage, has been playing catch-up with all the water-logged pitches, and rained off matches, which means mid-week fixtures as well as weekend ones. Terrific. Though I must admit that the 40 minutes spent on the side-lines are far more enjoyable, when the sun is shining and it's dry underfoot!
Then, the team we support as a family (I use the term "family" loosely, as obviously Daughters Nos. 1 & 2 are not in the least bit interested), AFC Bournemouth, have at last made promotion to the Championship! And we were there! The atmosphere was electric. Those of you who know me, will know just how very odd it is, that I'm SSSSOOOO hooked into a team....what can I say??? If you can't beat them, join them...that, and they probably put something in the water! Anyway...FABULOUS news. Well done The Cherries!
Which brings me to the flip side of the coin....and the reason why I need to vent......
WHAT ON EARTH WAS LUIS SUAREZ THINKING????? As a role model for thousands of youngsters, he should be THOROUGHLY ashamed of himself. Why would anyone, over the age of 3 years old, believe that biting someone is the right way foward? And then try to pretend that it hadn't happened, when surely the fact that the match is being televised, MUST register on some level....But, what really makes my blood boil, is that the FA have spent so much time, energy and money rolling out the Respect Campaign at grass roots level......and yet seem to have very little effect on the "stars" that our youngsters look up to. Where is the sense in that? I shall watch, with interest, how this latest fraccas evolves.....but I'm not holding out much hope that the punishment will fit the crime....or send a strong enough message to the "stars" of today's football....... And breath....Vent over.....
Thank goodness I've got some more of this, this evening, to calm me......


I'm afraid I can only give you this small glimpse, as it's part of yet another birthday present, so until Happy Birthdays have been celebrated, you'll need to have a little more patience....
Thank you for letting me have a stomp....I'll be calmer next time - promise.
See you soon. xx

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you're a Cherries supporter! My hubby is from Bournemouth and is an avid supporter too! He was also celebrating at the w/e! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Kirstie, due to my drug induced state I only heard about the biting incident last night. I was outraged, really disgusted and the same as you with regards to setting an example. Now we are all Liverpool supporters in this house. I think it's a disgrace, plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete