Monday 24 September 2012

Flying Geese....

Hooray!! My parcel that I was waiting for arrived from Creative Quilting. I absolutely love this shop....they are SSSOOO quick at getting your orders out to you. You can find them here www.creativequilting.co.uk , but I'm warning you now, it's quite addictive!!
If you remember, I'd made a Flying Geese panel from some Christmastime (Annie Downs) and Tilda charm squares? Well, my method of making a quilt (as those of you who know me well, probably suspect, and certainly won't be surprised by) is never preordained, and is usually hit and miss, at best. I sort of do a bit, tweak a bit, sleep on it a bit, pile new fabrics round it, take them away again, and so on. Sometimes this can be a long, drawn out affair, sometimes it all clicks into place very quickly. Happily, my little flock of geese flew straight into my Fast Forward Department, and I knew that what I needed, was more of the brown with little blue stars fabric, from the Christmastime range.
A few clicks later, and all that was required was a bit of patience, while Royal Mail did what Royal Mail does best......
And when I got in from work today, there was the said parcel, and after a quick-but MUCH needed-hoovering and dusting (pesky little Housework Fairies have lost my address. Again.) I set to work......and TA-DA......

....a quilt top came together.
I think I'm going to do a little hand quilting on the central panel, before machine quilting the borders. And I'm also keen to use a vintage blanket, that I bought, for the wadding.....Oooo...decisions....decisions.....
A bit more thinking, I think! Thanks for popping by. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment