Monday 17 September 2012

Something for me?

Hi! Did you all have a lovely weekend? Mine was a bit squiffy. My son's team lost their football match (try telling a group of 8-9 year olds that winning isn't everything, that it's the taking part that matters!). And then I had to take Daughter No 2 back to Uni in London, which I'm STILL not very grown up about!! Suffice to say I cry. A lot!
But, the high point is I finally finished my WIP, and just scraped in on the deadline. YAY! Which means just one thing....I'm free to start another project! Hooray! And I think this one might just be for me...

If you remember, at the end of the last school year, my fabulous parents treated me to some Cath Kidston gift vouchers. Actually, when I say "my parents" I don't mean Mum and Dad......I mean the parents of the children who attended the Pre-school where I work....That's not to say that Mum and Dad weren't fabulous...they just didn't buy me Cath Kidston vouchers.......Hmmm....Does that constitute a deprived childhood??
Anyway, with said vouchers, I treated myself to this bundle of Fat Quarters, which un-bundled into these....
Aren't they lovely? So surely to goodness, it's time to make a quilt for me? I'm not sure I'll use the cowboy print in it, as I grew out of my John Wayne crush a while back now, but the rest have definately got my name on them! Now it's just a question of finding the time to spend on me....perhaps between 3am and 4am? Who needs beauty sleep anymore, anyway? It'll certainly take surgical skill to help improve any beauty I may once have possessed.....sleep just won't cut the mustard nowadays! So watch this space, and let's see what early morning stitching can achieve...
Thanks for popping by. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment