Wednesday 19 September 2012

Happy Bithday to You!!

Happy Birthday Lucy!! And if it's anyone elses' birthday today, happy birthday to you, too! I do so love bithdays. It's the one day of the year that belongs solely to you. You don't have to share it with anyone else (thank goodness I'm not a twin!) unlike Christmas, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day.... I'm not really a selfish person (or maybe I am, and no-one has had the heart to tell me?), but I really relish the whole affair being just mine.
I love celebrations of any kind-any excuse to break out the bunting! I lived in America for a while, and found a whole nation of kindred spirits, when it came to festivities....bunting, fairy lights, banners, balloons....well, ok...not balloons...if I live to be 278, I'm still never going to like balloons... but you get the idea.
My own birthday is in February, and I taught my children very early on, to help me count down the sleeps, until the great day dawned......from 1st January! And I also LOVE the idea that my birthday is in February, which is such a special month-Valentine's Day, Pancake Day, and the only month of the year with 28 days and a Leap Year possibility. Need I say more??
But today is my friend Lucy's birthday, and so I can finally show you the WIP that I managed to finish just in time for the deadline....

Happy Birthday Lucy! With lots of love from Kirstie and Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment