Wednesday 19 September 2012

Go Fish...

Hello. I've had such a lovely day! Work was calm, with all the children getting along beautifully, and we welcomed back a teacher who had moved on a little while ago, and has now seen the error of her ways (looking after feet! Really? Children or feet? Hmmm....) and returned to us part-time.
In the afternoon, I borrowed a friend's little boy (she'd asked me to have him for a couple of hours, while she was at work, but he's such a dream to look after, it feels more like I'm getting the favour), and off we toddled to the local Water Gardens.
Now, I've lived in this area for several years, and have been visiting it for many, many more before that, and yet I've never visited these gardens, which are literally two minutes down the road. Hey ho. Well let me tell you, they were great! For the grand sum of £2 per adult, we got to wander round some very pretty ponds, trip-trapping over many little bridges, and for a further 50p we had a bag of fish food to feed the fish....
.....which were HUGE! The ducks got a good look in too, as did the doves..........

.....I hasten to add, that this is a photo of The Partner, and not my friend's son! And as you can see, the sun shone for us.
Obviously, after such a lovely time, there was nothing for it, but to hit the local coffee shop for a nice cuppa and slice of cake.....it would have been a crime not to!
And now it's time for me to go and teach my Patchwork Workshop. I think I have everything I need, but as we all know what thought did (followed a mud cart, THOUGHT it was a wedding), I'd better go and check just one last time....
See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment