Wednesday 23 January 2013

Down In The Doldrums......

......where The Sad Mums Wallow. That's where I can be found. Sorrowfully Wallowing. Although to be fair, I haven't actually cried since just before midnight, last night. Even though I HAD been crying, on and off for the majority of the day! "Cry me a river" took on REAL meaning, and flood warnings were issued.
But NOT without reason, I hasten to add! I had to take Daughter No2 up to Heathrow, and bid her farewell, as she left for a four and a half month Uni exchange programme, in Chicago. Now. I KNOW I went to America at the same age (19 years old). And I KNOW that I went for far longer (2 years). So I SHOULD understand, better than most, that she'll be fine, and will have an AMAZING time. But what you're all failing to understand here, is, that when I was 19, I was a GROWN UP, whereas she's my BABY!! Hmmmmm......
Those of you who know me well, will absolutely know that I HOWLED for most of the way home, and should be more than grateful you weren't sharing motorway space with me. Still, I'm more composed now. I've had a couple of emails (I'm actually THRILLED someone invented them now! Who knew!!) letting me know that she arrived safely, and that all is well, and I'm eagerly awaiting our first Skype Call Thingy. .....Yes....ok....very funny....you can pick yourselves up from the floor, replace chins etc.....Yes you did read that correctly....I AM going to be Skype-ing regularly over the next few months. I've had a couple of lessons, and feel fully prepared for the event.
Now. Just in case you're starting to think that I've taken leave of my 18th Century Senses, I shall leave you with some photos of what the weekend brought, before the Wallowing commenced.......


And Joy of Joys, Cherry On The Cake.....Blog World let me put the photos on, in the usual way. With no shennanigans. And the words are in the right place too!
Ok. I'm off for a little more Wallowing now. See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment