Tuesday 1 January 2013

A To-Do List.....

I've discovered a love of The To-Do List. I was never a fan of it in the past, often writing lists of things that I needed to do, that consisted of at least 8 things I'd already done, so that I felt good when I could cross those off as "DONE". Sounds complicated, but it worked for me!
However, as time marches swiftly on (only 33 more sleeps til my birthday!!) I've found that I actually RELY on a To-Do List. As long as it's not too long.....otherwise it just becomes scary, and I'll  plunge my head back into my bucket of sand, which is never very far away.
Anyway...back to today....
1. Take down Christmas decorations. TICK
2. Put decorations away (obvious to some, but trust me, this NEEDS to be on my list). TICK
3. Sort through ironed laundry, and put away. TICK
4. Find homes for my new Christmas presents. TICK
5. Find homes for The Son's new Christmas presents. (A longer job than No.4!!) TICK
6. Feel smug about neat and tidy home. TICK
Now, I've just got to serve dinner (oh the joys of a slow cooker!), and then I've got the whole of the evening ahead of me to veg on the sofa, with some hand-quilting.
What a great start to 2013!! xx

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha I too like to include jobs done on my to do list, definitely not as scary! Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete