Thursday 3 January 2013

Oh Happy Me!

I have always believed that my needs are simple. I was raised in a family that took modesty to a whole new level (not a bad thing), and I was taught that if I had a roof over my head, a proverbial shirt on my back and food on the table, then I had enough to be thankful for. As children, we (myself and younger sister and brother) were encouraged to make our own entertainment....bike rides, long walks over the local fields with the dogs and so on. Not an awful lot has changed, in my adult outlook today....I don't crave diamonds, holidays in the sun or days in some spa retreat. Jolly good job really, as our means are somewhat limited....if "our means" were a house, even estate agents would have trouble describing it as "bijou"!!
Which sets the scene for The Pure Happiness that was last night's entertainment. In our household, I call ALL the shots when it comes to Grocery Shopping, Cooking, Housework, Yelling at The Children, Laundry....you get the gist. And The Partner calls ALL the shots on everything else. Which includes Complete Control over our Television Viewing Schedule. And last night was the turn of Graham Norton's chat show, which had originally aired on New Year's Eve. (I can't remember what we actually watched on New Year's Eve, but it probably involved some sort of Alien Invasion!)
Back to Graham. Oh Happy Days! Oh happy HAPPY ME!
There on the Graham's TV sofa, put there purely to make my day, I'm sure, were Hugh Jackman, John Bishop and Paul Hollywood. Need I say more? There were some other celebrities, and Pink sang, but all that paled into insignificance. I couldn't even tell you what they talked about, really. And if I'm brutally honest, I wasn't too interested in the content of their conversation. You could have muted the volume, and just let me watch, and I'd have still been in Seventh Heaven. Hugh, John and Paul equal Eye Candy Overload in this Almost 47 (31 more sleeps and counting)Year Old's eyes!
Okay. Enough daydreaming.
Just to show that I've not been GLUED to the television over the Festive Period, here are two WIP's that I've been working on......


Remember AGES ago, I showed you some lovely material from the Cath Kidston range, that I'd bought with vouchers given to me, by generous parents from work? Well, I've FINALLY put them to good use. I adapted a pattern from "Sunday Morning Quilts", by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison. The quilt in the book is called "Daydreams", and was designed by Cheryl. She can be found here www.cherylarkison.com . Anyway, as I said, I've tweaked it, quite a bit, to make it my mine. I pieced it by machine, but as this one is for me, I'm hand-quilting it, which I love.
This one.....



.....uses the same fabric, and design, but I'm machine quilting it, as it's destined for my friend's shop. I think I'll call it "Cath's Stack".....you'll see why, when it's finished.
Right. Time for a cup of tea now...and just a drop more daydreaming.... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment