Thursday 17 January 2013

Keeping I t Simple.....

I thought I'd do just that, this evening, and do a photo-less post. I keep meaning to contact "Blogger" which is the host thingy, but then I forget to look up the contact details, and so the problem just rolls on. It's more than likely I've pressed some button or another, or even clicked on a box which says "Click here if you'd like constant trouble with uploading photos on your blog, for the forseeable future." Most of you, knowing my Computer Prowess, are possibly laying odds on the latter option. Hmmm......
At the moment, I'm working on the softest scarf, for a friend's upcoming birthday. I first saw it here, www.quiltwhileyoureahead.typepad.com , a month or so ago, and thought I'd find the pattern. And I'm so glad I did. I'm loving it. It's one of those lulling patterns, with an easy repeat to it, which is ideal for the End-Of-The-Day-Mindlessness-Watching-TV-With-One-Eye evenings that I seem to be enjoying more and more. (I'm now quite relaxed about the idea that my Inner Party Animal crawled away and died peacefully, some time ago, while I wasn't paying attention!)
So, there I sat in my allocated spot on the sofa, working away on said scarf, happily minding my own business, while various people came and went through the latest Star Gate they'd just discovered, goodness knows how many light-years away, when, The Partner DRAGGED his eyes away from his 50" screen, looked at me, and asked "Since when did you crochet?"
The answer to that, my friends, is since my Gran taught me, when I was 6. A mere 41 years ago. Needless to say, that wasn't QUITE the calm reply I gave my most observant Partner.....
See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment