Monday 19 November 2012

Bravery Personified!

The Dressing is off! (What?? You didn't think you WOULDN'T be getting a blow by blow account of my post operation state, did you?? Unlucky!!) And I can report that I didn't faint (!!!) and that the scar is about 1.5" long. Yuk-a-dee-doo-dah.
Other than that, nothing really to report....I DID witness The Partner do a spot (and I mean A SPOT) of hoovering today, for which I thanked him profusely.....praise the positive, ignore the negative! And obviously, I'm sewing my little heart out.
A Christmas order that I've been working on, is almost finished, as is my Christmas Runner 2012 Swap. I'm just about to start on the hand quilting....



...and I chose this fabric for the backing.....



I have to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying the whole Swap experience, and would most definitely love to do another. Part of the process is showing your progress (and watching others) on Flickr, and it's been fun watching various works take shape. The idea is that you post comments on others' work -and they post on yours-and little by little, you can work out what your partner would like, and also leave clues as to what you like, for the person who is making for you. (Remember-you know who is going to get your runner, but they don't know that you're making for them, and nor do you know who is making for you. It's a bit like a Secret Santa.) So, now I'm almost finished, with the posting date set for the 30th November, and am just a little butterfly-ie over whether my Swap Partner will like it or not.......that, or it's The Scar playing up!!
See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment