Wednesday 7 November 2012

Oooo...err!

Well! The date has been set. The pre-op has been done. This time next week, I shall be in hospital!! GULP!!! I've never had an operation before, and am ever so slightly nervous...
I'm thinking of writing letters to my nearest and dearest, in case I don't make it back from this latest adventure.....a little melodramatic????? I don't think so. I am, after all, the girl who passed out when ears were pierced....the same girl who passed out (20 minutes...with convulsions!) when a TENS machine was used on her dodgy knee during physio.....the same girl who threw up because "Casualty" on The Beeb was a little gory.....Need I say more?
I'm trying to concentrate on the positive. Apparently, I'll need a minimum of two weeks off work. Two weeks of extra sewing time! Just in the run up to Christmas! Yay!! And equally positive, I must not lift, or do anything strenuous for six weeks. I'm absolutely certain that The Consultant meant hoovering when he said that. And making the beds. And anything else remotely houseworky and tedious..... Ho Hum....
So this next week will be spent in: A) strict denial and B) trying to get everything in order, and the freezer stocked......Watch this space....You'll discover I'm excellent at A), and complete pants at B)....
See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment