Wednesday 21 November 2012

Ooo's and Aaah's....

In these days of much stitching, I have discovered something about myself. Possibly not a very nice something.....I like praise!
Normally, when I'm working on some needlework, I'll take it into work with me and show it to my friends there. Normally, they'll ooo and aaah a little bit (I have them well trained),and then I can continue with the stitching, safe in the knowledge that I'm probably on the right track.
However, at the moment, I'm on sick-leave, recuperating after The Operation, so can't reach my support team, and all I have to rely on is The Partner.
Hmmm..... Now.....I adore the man. I truly, truly do. He has enriched my life in so many ways, BUT he has a singular lack of enthusiasm in The Ooo and Aaah Department, as I'm fast discovering in these days of stitching, stitching, stitching.....
Today, I was working on hand quilting my runner for the Christmas Runner Swap, and it was a case of one step forward, and three back. I'd unpicked the stitching from a snowflake twice already.....


..my fingers were sore, and I was fed up. I shared this with The Partner.....Nothing. No reaction. Not a murmur.....
There's something not right somewhere, when he can wax lyrical for HOURS over various football skills, (he can also wax lyrical for HOURS over sci-fi mumbo jumbo, but I'll save that for another day!) and I pay attention, discussing a few minor points with him (I EVEN understand the rudimentaries of the off-side rule, for goodness sake!), yet I try to explain a couple of needlework hiccups, and his eyes glaze over and he becomes mute....Hmmmm........
So, a little while later, I'd turned a corner,and I was much happier with the way things were going, and thought I'd share with him again.
Now. Bearing in mind I'd had a bit of a pop about him not getting enthusistic enough, when dealing with MY version of a foul, you'd have thought that the proverbial penny had dropped, and I was in for some SERIOUS enthusiasm. Not a word of it! I'm not even sure I was anything more than white noise humming away in the background. This man needs some serious education......
And while I'm dealing with that, I'll leave you with this......



Please remember to "Ooo" and "Aaah" in all the right places....I'm feeling deprived!

Thanks for looking in on me. See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment