Tuesday 21 May 2013

A Thank You Quilt.....

Well, I finished "The Queen's Floor" quilt, that I was lucky enough to be picked from a hat, to test the pattern, for happierthanabirdquilts.com . It was a dream to make, and I thoroughly recommend that you pop over to her Etsy shop to buy the pattern.
Anyway, I'd already decided who the quilt was for. A while ago, one of my mums from work (who has since become a friend) who also happens to be a physiotherepist, decided to take my bad back in hand. I should explain at this point, that my back pain is NOT crippling, but it is painful and it IS constant. Several years constant. So off I toddled for some treatment sessions.
Let me tell you, the woman is completely mad. She had me trying to do all sorts of convoluted exercises that were nigh on impossible for my 47 year old self to achieve. "I want you to bend this bit here and push down here" she'd say. "That's not possible. There isn't a single person walking God's good earth that is capable of that" I'd reply. She'd then proceed to demonstrate just how possible it actually was. Next ensued extreme effort on my part, trying to make my own body conform. I can promise you that "Youv'e Been Framed" have missed out on some SERIOUS footage!
Long story short....my back isn't as bad as it was. It's not cured...I'm blaming that on my pelvic girdle which apparently is not straight (who knew?)......that, and I'm not so very dedicated as I might be, in doing the homework exercises. (Sorry Melanie!) And because Melanie went the extra mile for me, and because she is genuinely one of the most selfless people I've ever met, I felt I needed to give her a proper thank you.....
....and here it is....


.......The Front.


....The Back.


....The Detail.

And now I must leave you, and go and write some Pre School Reports. Progress Reports. For 3 year olds. I ask you!! (Don't worry...I really am going....I shall save that particular Soap Box for another day!)
See you soon. xx

1 comment:

  1. Ah, no pain, no gain!!! Been there, done that, and not doing the exercises either!! Lovely quilt finish! Jxo

    ReplyDelete