Sunday 19 May 2013

Reward Time.....

Yesterday was Tournament Day No. 2. We had to be there at 8.30AM (ON A NON SCHOOL DAY!!) and for the next four and a half hours I stood on the sidelines, giving direction and encouragement to my Under 9's team. Not continuously for that amount of time, you understand....there is an awful lot of standing around, while other teams take their turns at chasing a ball around a field. But you ARE stuck there for that whole time, taking Ref result slips back to the organiser (it was a competitive tournament), tying shoe laces, keeping 8 young lads quietly occupied so that they don't keel over with boredom while they wait to go back on.....you get the gist.
Anyway, we did well, finishing second in our league, and making it through to the quarter finals. There we were defeated, which was a shame.....but at least it meant that we could go home!
And we DID go home....via the fabric shop.
Reward Time......


These pretty prints were a NECESSARY buy, as I'd discovered the other day, whilst having a Good Sort Through, that I had very few brown tones in my stash. I'm not a huge fan of brown, but one never knows when one might need it!
Then there were these....


I fell in love with the little elephants ( at just £2.30 a metre, who wouldn't??) , and the polka dot had to come along too, to keep them company.
I also bought a heap more white cotton, as I seem to get through it like a house on fire. Yay. I returned home, a tired but happy bunny!
I wonder what today will bring.....given that The Partner and The Son are pootling off to watch the televised play-off between Yeovil and Brentford at a local cafe that happens to show Sky Sports......such a shame we don't have Sky Sports at home.....Hmmmmmm...
Thanks for popping by. See you soon. xx

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you'll get some peaceful sewing time today! Jxo

    ReplyDelete