Saturday 4 May 2013

A Lady What Elevenses.......

On Thursday, I had an enforced day off work. The hall which we use as our pre-school setting had been commandeered as a Polling Station, and funnily enough, The Powers That Be didn't think it was conducive to The Correct Voting Atmosphere, to have 20 small people playing with cars, paints et al milling around in the middle. Some people can be ssssoooo demanding! But it gave me a paid day off, so ho-hum.....
And it was on Thursday, that I decided I should have been born into an era of Ladies What Elevenses (Elevenses are cheaper than Lunches.....I know my financial limits!). Anyway, a small group of us went to the delightful Braxton Gardens, in order to celebrate our friend, Linda's, Happy Birthday. (I've blogged about Braxton Gardens before, but can't remember in which post). We sat outside, in the pretty gardens, in the pretty sunshine, listening to pretty background music, whilst partaking of pretty (large!) cream teas. I'd put on a nice frock, which makes a lovely change to the usual attire of jeans and sweatshirts normally required for fending off paint and playdough. The company was fabulous, and the refreshments equally so. So I decided there and then, that this was the life I should have been born to. And if the period dress could also involve an Empire line, so much the better- very flattering the old Empire line; hides all sorts of rolls and wobbles!
However, it was back to Earth with a bump, as Friday saw me setting up for the usual morning spent with Little-ies.
On a completely different subject, I'm making progress with Lindsey's test pattern for The Queen's Floor ( www.happierthanabirdquilts.com ). I've set the blocks differently to the way suggested in the pattern, as I've only used two colours. However, it is a lovely pattern-simple to follow, and comes together easily. I'm at the basting stage now, getting ready to hand quilt.......


Not sure why my dining table is auditioning to be a ski slope, and absolutely not sure how to rotate the photo to a better angle! Anyway, thanks for popping by. See you soon. xx

1 comment:

  1. Love the soft blues and pinks. Sorry K that I can't reply directly to your comments on my blog. You show up as a no reply comment blogger. Jxo

    ReplyDelete