Sunday 12 May 2013

An Almost Weekend.....

The end of the football season (apart from 3 more tournaments for my Under 9`s team) means that this weekend I've had time to sit and sew. Yay!
Obviously, I've still had Mum Duties to attend to (the Little Darlings WILL keep on insisting on being fed and watered at regular intervals!). Then there are the Loving Partner Duties (the Big Darling insists on regular feeding times too, plus scintillating conversations as to which product is the best to use on the green mould having a large party on the fence, alongside equally thrilling chats about Team Formation)....so sewing time wasn't at a maximum......
However, in spite of all this, progress has been made, and I've ALMOST finished the "Can You Just" request quilt. I'm up to 11 hours work on it now, and just have the binding to hand stitch.....


.....I cheated a bit, and machine quilted, in a simple"x" across just the blue squares, but as it's only crib sized, I think it's enough.......


Then I managed to finish the hand quilting on "The Queen's Foor" test quilt........


......so it now looks like this.....


....and if I stop typing, I'll have enough time to get it trimmed up, and the binding on, before an evening of hand sewing on the sofa, making that 2 quilts that are ALMOST finished this weekend.
Thanks for popping by. See you soon. xx

1 comment: