Monday 6 May 2013

Bamboozled.....

Bank Holiday Monday. I had plans. These were mainly fixed around my sewing machine, but most definately involved a lazy morning. However, The Fabulous Plans were bamboozled. Hijacked. Done away with.....
The Son woke me up at 7am precisely. For no other reason than he can. Then The Partner voiced a Cunning Plan which involved getting to the sports shop today, so that The Son could spend some birthday money, before his pocket was burnt clean through. Apparently, it made sense to do this today, because it's the third day of the long weekend, and good weather....which obviously was given proof that Everyone Else would be either A) heading to the beach, or B) heading home. The Cunning Plan could possibly been squashed flat, had The Partner not shared it with The Son.....
So off we toddled to Sports Shop No.1. Trainers and Astro Turfs were viewed and rejected, on various grounds...."I've got yellow studs", "I don't like the green stripe", "That brand doesn't fit me properly".....you get the gist. There was nothing for it, but to head to Sports Shop No.2. Now this particular shop is my pet hate of all sports shops, so I put my foot down, and told The Partner that he could share this delight with The Son, and that I was going Fabric Looking. Fabric Looking is similar to Fabric Buying, but with the illusion that you are in fact, only browsing...with no actual intent to buy. And as I've not posted any photos here, you have absolutely NO proof that I came away, with two clearance bargains from the Tanya Whelan range....
Nor have I posted the photos of the trainers that made it out of the shop on The Son's feet. I have done this for your own protection. Suffice to say that seeing is believing when it comes to florescent yellow and orange, with a leopard print Nike slash on the side.....Well. The upside is I won't lose The Son in a crowd...
Shopping completed, we headed out to The Forest, to meet my longest serving Best Friend (43 years and counting!) and her children, for a bbq lunch, which turned into a truly lovely bbq and ice cream afternoon. We only live a few hundred yards apart, but you know how it is....she taxis in various directions with her children.....I taxi in different directions with mine...we snatch the odd phonecall here...the random text there....and rarely get the chance to just sit and be. So this afternoon we sat and were. Really really good.
Home again, home again, jiggedy jig, where I FINALLY got round to some of the original plans....


I whipped these up quite quickly, and tomorrow they'll be winging their way to Judith for her Bee Blessed project, over at judith-justjude.blogspot.com . Then I boxed this small cot sized quilt up, to be sent off to my local Project Linus group....


....a poor photo, but quite a pretty quilt, which I'm sure will be useful somewhere. And now it's time to stop wittering on, and do some more of this.......


Hope you all had a lovely day. Catch up soon. xx

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Aren't football boots just getting ridiculous these days!! Glad you got some fun stuff in there too! And thanks for the brill blocks! Love them. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kirstie, you do make me laugh. Can you not just say "What a good idea, I know he'll love spending some one on one time with you" Works every time x

    ReplyDelete