Monday 27 May 2013

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

Daughter No.2 is safely back in the fold!!! Last night saw me whizzing up to Heathrow (well as whizzy as a clapped out VW Sharran can manage.......it's going into Car Hospital on Thursday, to see if The Mighty Paul can weave some magic......watch this space!). And let me tell you, it was a FAR happier visit than last time I was there, saying goodbye.
There were tears-obviously-but this time they were happy ones, and didn't leave me as a sobbing, incoherant mess. Let me tell you now, all you Mums out there.....forget this "I want my child to live his/her own life" malarkey. It's not all it's cracked up to be, and hurts like billy-o. No....clip their wings right now, and start saving up to buy them the house next door....it's the only way. On a sweet note, we hadn't told The Son, that Daughter No.2 was coming home 10 days earlier than expected, so the first he knew about it was when she walked in on his breakfast. I don't think he's actually let go of her yet.....though I dare say that bickering and normality will return soon.
In the meantime, I shall enjoy having all of my children under one roof, for the first time in almost 6 months, and get on with some much needed (deadline this weekend!) hand quilting....


I hope you all have as wonderful a Bank Holiday as mine is going to be. See you soon. xx

1 comment: