Thursday 30 August 2012

Feeding Donkeys Strawberries.....

I'm so sorry that I didn't blog yesterday! I bet you were all REALLY concerned!! I bet, if I were to look at my emails (a pretty rare occurance), I'd find it jammed full of all your concerns as to my health and well being......Actually, I'd probably find it rammed with Groupon offers selling me garden gnomes, and notifications from some poor misguided soul, who feels honour bound to tell me, that my Personal Pension Fund is under performing. It isn't UNDER performing at all.....it isn't performing, full stop....I know this for a FACT, as I don't posess a Pension Fund...... Personal or otherwise.
Anyway, part of the reason that I was AWOL yesterday, was that I had nothing to show you. Part of the reason was that I was out buying football boots, because obviously the 372 pairs (mild exaggeration) that The Son already owns, aren't the LATEST ones worn by Rooney/Messi/Barotelli/Maradonna/Keegan/Van Persie/The Boy Down The Road.....And part of the reason was that I was sulking. I'm ok now, so I don't want to go into all the details, but suffice to say me joining the Quilting Group that I was sssooo excited about, is now in jeopardy....One word....Football.....Watch this space (with all fingers crossed, please!).
But TODAY.....(drum roll)......TA-DA.......(trumpet fanfare).....I have this......
That's right, I finished my first machine-quilted quilt! There are some hand embroidered details....
.....and the centre panel is hand quilted, just because I like doing it.....

....and all in all I'm quite pleased with it!
I backed it with some sheeting that I found while on my hols in France, that I thought was zingy enough to match all of the front, and busy enough to hide any dirt, if being used for pinics........

Other than that, most of the fabric is from my stash, apart from the donkeys and wellies fabrics, which I bought from here,www.fluffysheepquilting.com  but could't tell you what it's called! You should pop along and visit Cindy's shop-lovely, lovely fabric, and she's REALLY nifty at getting it all into the post quickly!
Anyway, hope you've enjoyed today's offerings. See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment