Wednesday 6 February 2013

All Done...

A while ago, you may remember that I showed you these......


...and me saying that I didn't know what they would become? Well, this afternoon, I had a couple of hours off, (The Son had an Inset Day and managed to convince The Partner, that he-The Partner- didn't really need the afternoon nap he'd been looking forward to, and would, in fact, MUCH rather take him-The Son- up to the Rec to play football) YAY!!
And so the above became this......



....a Tablet protective, quilted (not that you can tell from the photo!) cover. I've still got to sew on a button, but other than that, the whole thing came together quite easily.
Those little squares are just over 1cm each, so lots of seam matching. Not my strongest point, and usually requires a trustworthy unpicker ready for lots of work. However, for once, those tricky seams were happy to behave themselves.....


....which is more than can be said for the darn photos!! Goodness knows why the first one wanted to put in a guest appearance!
I even lined it....

.....All in all, I'm quite pleased with it. Not that I possess a Tablet, but that's a minor point!!
Well, the football has just started on TV; something about a friendly match between England and Brazil. So I think I'll head back to the sewing machine, and see what else comes to light....
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment