Monday 18 February 2013

From Little Acorns Do Big Oak Trees Grow....

Or more precisely....From Little Triangles Do Medium Quilt Tops Grow. You know those little triangles that you cut off when your're joining binding strips together (my non-quilting friends have either glazed over, or are now frowning at their computer screens trying to fathom out what the heck I'm talking about!)? Well, the fabulous Amanda Jean Nyberg, and her love of scraps, found a use for them! She can be found here crazymomquilts.blogspot.com and the way she uses her scraps can be found in her book "Sunday Morning Quilts". The quilt that inspired (cheats word for copy!) my quilt top is "Up, Up and Away". I've not copied it entirely, as Amanda has set hers on the diagonal, whereas I've set mine as straight blocks, and also Amanda machine quilted hers but I'm planning on hand-quilting mine. Nevertheless, I certainly think I'd be had up on some copyright charge or another, if I intended to sell my finished quilt.....so it's a jolly good job that this one is destined to be a Happy Birthday Present, in the extremely near future.
What do you think of it so far?


Not sure what the blueish square is, in the middle of the photo, as ALL of the squares are white.....flashback glare perhaps?

A bit closer....


Amazingly, so far it's come together like a dream...my unpicker is feeling quite sad and lonely! I won't show anymore photos until after The Recipient's Birthday, as I'm not sure if she reads my blog or not, and if she does, I'd like it to be a little bit of a surprise.
I've got quite a few Birthday Makes coming up over the next few weeks, and some throws to make for work too, so I'm thrilled that I'm on Half Term Week this week, and actually have a bit of free time in which to get started...Hooray!
Thanks for popping by. See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment