Sunday 3 February 2013

It's Today!!

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me-eeeee......Happy Birthday to me!


As you may have seen the other day, I LOVE my Happy Birthday! And I LOVE that my birthday is in February. And as promised (also the other day!), I'll explain why....
Firstly, I love my birthday because it's MY day. I'm not generally a selfish person, but my birthday is mine. All the other celebration days (that I love too) I share with other people. Mothers Day I get to share with my own mother...Valentine's Day I obviously share with The Partner.....Christmas Day I share with thousands.......but not my birthday....it's mine ALL mine. And it's not even that I want lots of pressies, or flashy meals.....I'm more than happy just to be able to pop into shops for a browse, and nobody with me can chivvy me to get a move on.....BECAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. I don't have to be the one to get up to answer the phone....BECAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. I get cups of tea made for me....BECAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. You get the gist.
As for being thrilled that I was born in February, it's because it's SUCH a special month! It's the ONLY month with 28 days, and that consequently gets a Leap Year every 4 years. It has Valentine's Day in it. It has Pancake Day in it. Such lovely celebrations. Ok. I realise I'm starting (!!) to sound a little odd now. But I promised you an explaination.....and so now you know...
I've had such a lovely day too. The Son had a football match first thing (flippin typical....no matches for weeks because of waterlogged pitches and today of all days we get to play) and as his team's manager I got to squelch along a soggy sideline for almost an hour. Well that wasn't so special, but the fact that he scored a hat-trick, and that we had chocolate birthday cake after the match, helped considerably.
I was treated to a cup of tea and slice of cake, in true Worzel Gummidge and Aunt Sally style (make mine a cream scone, please!) this afternoon, in one of my favourite local coffe shops. I got to browse in my favourite gift shop (lots of Cath available!) followed by a nice meal and yet MORE chocolate Happy Birthday Cake, with my family.
And Daughter No 2 and I had a lovely Skype chat for nearly an hour, which was obviously wonderful.
There were some lovely pressies....I was well and truly spoiled. There are those among you who will find these slightly odd.......some of you will understand completely!


.....so I can now do this, without the fabric puckering.....




.....the book is lovely, and one I haven't got; the ruler replaces one I lost and have been muddling by without ever since; the lamp will help my poor eyes actually see the work I hand sew late into the evenings!
So all in all another perfectly happy Happy Birthday.
See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment