Thursday 7 February 2013

Old Dog....New Tricks....

A couple of months ago, I discovered a lifestyle magazine which is new to the market. Have you seen it yet?........


It's got a little bit of everything in it....homes, city show arounds, crafts, recipes and so on. I love it! It's how I aspire to live my life (I have to admit to failing miserably......there are no beautifully photographed pages of mad women racing around like headless chickens doing Muppet Impressions, within the covers of this particular publication.....Hmmmm....Perhaps I've just spotted a hole in the market??!!) Anyway, a girl can dream. And this girl likes this dream.
Now, as most of you will know by now, I have a certain penchant for chocolate (posh for "addiction to") and genuinely thought I knew it all when it came to all things cocoa based. Just how WRONG could I be?? I was reading through my magazine, and came across one of the regular articles "My Day in Cups of Tea"; another subject close to my heart....there aren't an awful lot of woes that a nice cup of Earl Grey can't sort out. So I read on.
This month's issue had Claire Campbell ( www.abigailgrey.typepad.com ) describing a typical day revolving around  a cuppa or two. All was rolling along nicely, and then the final question about whether or not Claire liked to dunk brought a life-changing moment in it's answer.
Claire is no longer a Dunker (too many soggy lumps at the bottom of a cup!) HOWEVER (pay attention now...this is THE IMPORTANT BIT!!!) she likes to nibble the ends from a chocolate finger, and then use the remaining part as a straw, sucking the tea up through it.
WHAT???? I HAVE NEVER TRIED THIS!!!! I didn't even know that it could be done. Obviously, there was nothing for it, but to conduct a scientific experiment. As luck would have it, the Lovely Emma gave me a beautiful tin, FULL of Chocolate Fingers, the very next day, for my Happy Birthday Present (Thank You, Emma!). As luck would have it even more, we were at work, so I had a ready made Testing Force, willing to try their best for my quest to discover all chocolate delights. We nibbled ends from Chocolate Fingers. We used as straws (quite hard!) in our cups of tea. We discovered Chocolate Heaven. Go try it for yourselves! It's amazing!
Now. This is my 100th Blog Post. And I can feel a celebration coming on.....so I'll leave you  and go and track down a few more (new box!) Chocolate Fingers......
xx

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, the best of both worlds Kirstie. I'll subscribe to your new idea for a magazine! hey I could also do a feature for you. Headless chickens unite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirstie, just back from shopping and lo and behold I came home with chocolate fingers!!! you are a bad influence woman :) x

    ReplyDelete