Thursday 14 February 2013

My Heart Goes Boom-Diddy-Boom-Diddy-Boom...

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all! It's such a nice celebration. We don't go daft about it, here in this bijou residence....but I DO love (no pun intended!) a pretty card. And a pretty card is just what I got....


.....it doesn't show on the photo, but some of the hearts are half cut out, and folded back on themselves. Definately worth a trip to Ikea for one of their white box frames, I think!
At the moment, I'm up to my neck in Report Writing.....which is why I'm actually posting this blog. I HATE doing Progress Reports. I HATE the fact that the Machine That Is Now England's Pre-School System, is hell bent on pushing and squeezing our tiny 2 and 3 year olds into Fulfilling Their Potential, and Stop Them Falling Through The Gaps. WHAT HAPPENED TO LETTING THEM EXPLORE THEIR LITTLE WORLDS, BRAVELY TAKING EACH NEW STEP IN A CARING AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT?????? Am I the only one who believes we (as a nation) are getting this wrong??
Ok. Rant over. I'll step down from my soap box....well at least for this evening!
I'll show you the beginnings of a new table-runner instead.....


....I had just enough scraps left over from my Cath's Stack quilt, to make this. Hopefully, I'll get chance to get the batting and back pinned on later, ready to quilt tomorrow. The plan is to have it ready to sell at the Mother and Daughter event I'm doing in the beginning of March.
Just before I head back to The Dreaded Reports, I'd just like to say a cheeky "hello" to Geraldine over at Sophie Belle Designs (WELL worth a visit at sophiebelledesigns.blogspot.com for lots of pretty things!).....I do so hope I've been forgiven for FORCING you into trying the Chocolate Finger Straws!!
Well. That's it....I can't put off the inevitable any longer.....back to The Reports....
See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment