Friday 22 February 2013

Twinkle Twinkle....

As some of you may know, last night was Enforced TV Football Match Viewing. Terrific. The only football I'm happy to watch is either my son's team (I'm still The Manager, so that's handy!) or The Fabulous AFC Bournemouth.
So I decided to put the time to good use, and tackle the February star in "Don't Call Me Betsy"'s Block of The Month. I was a little nervous, as this is only the second piece of Foundation Paper Piecing I've ever done, but I took it just one step at a time, and this is what I came up with.....


I'm quite pleased with it. And I actually think I've got it sussed now....It certainly made more sense this time.
Well, today was the last day that I had any Child-Free Time, in which to get "stuff" done....I had quite a few little plans ready and raring to go. You know the sort....an eensy bit of retail therapy (sewing related), lunch with The Partner, cuppas with friends, bath the dog......But as is often the way (certainly in my life, anyway!) those lovely little plans refused to behave themselves! I DID manage to get some white cotton fabric at a billy-bargain price (yay!), and also stock up on some cotton perle thread......and that was the end of things going according to.......
However, on a positive note, I put some items I need to get rid of on Ebay-double whammy....house becomes a bit tidier, and I get a few more pennies to rattle in my pocket. And then (highlight of the day) The Partner took pity on me, and ordered Chinese Take-Away for dinner! Yum. Yum. Yum.
And now I PLAN to look longingly at the kettle, and wait for The Partner to read my mind and make me a lovely cuppa........
See you soon. xx

1 comment:

  1. Best laid plans and all that. That block looks fabulous. Looks like it's very difficult.

    ReplyDelete