Tuesday 5 March 2013

I Know How To Live......

Meet George......


.......Full pedigree Bassett Hound, with a Kennel name of Lord Lancelot. I ask you....."Lord Lancelot" for a dog with an IQ of a pea....
It took several attempts to get the above photo. Most of them looked like variations of this.....



I hadn't realised he was quite so camera shy. (Posh for "too daft to sit and stay when asked to"!) Anyway. I've had George since he was just 8 weeks old. He is now 10 years old. He is my third Bassett. Those of you who have ever had anything to do with Bassetts, will know I'm in line  for some sort of Medal of  National Honour, for sheer patience. Before my Bassetts, I had a Springer. Mad as a bag full of frogs, but my soul-mate nevertheless.
Where on earth is this leading? Well, I was just laying the foundations as to the fact that I am A Responsible Dog Owner.
Now for the exciting bit, and why I know how to live..... In just a little while I'm going to a meeting, to discuss The Rights And Wrongs of Dog Poo On Football Pitches. Deep, profound joy. What is there to discuss? Carry a poo bag when you walk your dog. Pick up said poo, when your dog "performs". Do not walk away, leaving a steaming pile, in an area that you know is used by local children. Hardly rocket science, is it? But let me tell you, that meeting will tie itself up in knots, go back and forth over the same points a few dozen times. Teeth will be sucked, tempers might fray. And at the end of it all, I daresay another meeting will be called for, to discuss Any Progress Made In Finding Solutions For The Problem of Dog Poo On Football Pitches......I kid you not.
See you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment