Sunday 24 March 2013

Let's Tessellate.......

I've had such a lovely Sunday, and so hope that you have too. Football was postponed due to a soggy pitch.....which means just one thing.....Sewing Time!! YAY!!
So I thought I'd try a new block that I'd seen on-line a while back, and it was fun to do. When the blocks are finished, you get to play around making all sorts of various patterns. I settled on using 4 of the blocks, to make a larger block, and came up with this.....


The colours have obviously taken acid, between being a block on my table, and coming out as a photo on my blog, but I can promise you, they're quite mellow in real life.
And then, I finished the Doll Quilt, already to be posted off to some poor, unsuspecting soul. I think I'm pleased with it, though I'll be more pleased with it, when it has arrived safely and officially approved of.
Front.....


Back......


After all that sewing, I obviously needed a cuppa, which I had with a good friend, over a long chin wag. Like I said...a lovely Sunday.
See you soon. xx

2 comments:

  1. DQ Looks great! Funny comment about your block taking acid!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Judith, the doll quilt is great.

    ReplyDelete