Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Nodding Dog......

And before you ask....no, this is not a new fandangled yoga position. This is now what I've become. You know those dogs that were popular at one point, that sat in the back of cars, with wobbly heads? I'm obviously referring to artificial, plastic varieties, not real ones.......though I'm sure some real dogs could sit in the back of a car, and wobble their heads, if the mood so took them.
Anyway, that's what I've been since 2pm today. Mrs Wobbly Head.
Let me show you why......

Ta da!

The dreaded varifocals! What do you think of the blingy sides? It's the closest this girl is ever going to get to "a girl's best friend"!!
Apparently, it can take up to a week, for my brain to get used to them. I think the young man in the opticians was being kind....or perhaps overly optomistic. But he certainly didn't mention Wobbly Head Syndrome. To be able to see clearly, you have to move your head around, well, up and down, until whatever it is you're looking at comes into clear focus. At this rate, I'm going to need massage treatments for neck strain! For the record, if you move your head round and round, it makes you feel decidedly sea sick. Terrific.
I'm going to leave you now, and go and practise my wobbling between my needlework and the television.
See you soon......obviously dependent on my getting the focus right!! xx

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I think these are in my not too distant future! Groan! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had mine for three months now...keep preserving and you will be used to them within a week.

    ReplyDelete