Saturday 2 March 2013

The Cuppa Just Wasn't Cutting The Mustard.....

I woke up yesterday with The Mummy and The Daddy Of All Headaches. They not only had several Enormous Siblings, they had Copious Quantities of Offspring. And were looking into adoption.
I'm not prone to headaches, and I realise that it is A Universally Known Fact that my Pain Threshold can't even manage to crawl to the bottom of the ladder, never mind reach the lowest rung of measurable scale.
However. My skull felt like it was being S. L. O. W. L. Y. squeeeezed in one of those clamp things that my grandfather had attached to his workbench, to hold pieces of wood. Tightly. And you could even tighten it further, should mere "tight" not be tight enough. Anyway. That's what I woke with.
I took a couple of paracetemol, and put a brave (grumpy) face on it.
By the time I'd finished work at lunchtime, a morning spent with 18 little darlings and a routine Advisory Teacher Visit, it felt like my eyeballs were going to pop, such was the pressure. More paracetemol......
Long story short. Paracetemol don't work.
The pain woke me at 4am THIS morning. It was TRULY excruciating. More Non-Working-Paracetemol.......
At midday, JUST before I snapped off a head too far (grump had now been taken to whole new echalon), I discovered these........


.....THEY WORK!!!!!!! Apparently I only have three pain free days available to me, but believe me, I'll take them! The Headache is now just a dull, managable little splodge, so I'm hoping for great things......namely waking up in the morning, and finding that said Headache became bored, and wandered off in the night.......
In the meantime, and in spite of being practically cross-eyed with pain, I did manage to cut out these lovelies........


........And who knows? Tomorrow I might even get to show you what they are destined to become.
Thanks for popping by. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment