Wednesday 11 July 2012

Halfway there.....

So, after showing you the fabric, and a few evenings scrunched up in my kitchen....ermmmm...workshop, a quilt top is born. I chose a block called "Pinwheel", designed by Amy Sinibaldi, from the book "Modern Blocks" which is compiled by Susanne Woods. I don't know either lady, but that's no reason not to thank them...Thank you, ladies-I'm enjoying the book and the designs, and would happily recommend it/them, to anyone who sat still long enough.

The quilt back has also emerged from the kitchen, and I'm now about to pin the sandwich together (technical term....nothing to do with jam). I thought I'd wait and not post a photo of the back yet, so as to keep you all in suspense (How do you keep a blog reader in suspense?..... I'll tell you tomorrow....). It's not very exciting, so please don't hold your collective breaths. It's just that it'll give me more practise at putting more photos in different posts. As it is, I'm still amazed that the above 2 photos are actually just that. Above. Possibly fluke. And to test this theory I'm now going to try and put a photo below....

Oh goodness!! I think I've cracked it! I'm going to have to go and lie down in a darkened room, before I get too full of myself.... Hope you like the quilt top. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment